Technologically advanced yet surprisingly uncomplicated, the Brother PC-420 Project Runway sewing machine has quickly become the machine of choice for veteran fashion designers and apprentice sewers alike. This machine is robust and comes with a multitude of features that makes it capable of sewing just about anything under the sun, from gowns, jeans and complex patterns to thick curtains and cushion covers.
Features of the Brother PC-420
has certainly been very generous with the features and accessories on this limited edition PC-420 sewing machine. Here’s what you can look forward to with this sewing machine:
- 294 utility, stretch and decorative preprogrammed stitches so all is takes is a simple touch of a button to select the perfect stitch
- My Custom Stitch creation program that allows you to create your own unique designs and save them in the machine’s memory for use whenever you want to
- 10 styles of 1-step buttonholes and 3 alphabet choices for monogramming
- Mirror option for many stitches so you can reverse the direction of the stitch for a totally new design
- Stitch length can be adjusted up to 5mm and width adjusted up to 7 mm for select stitches
- Programmable tread trimmer that does the work of cutting the upper and lower thread at the end of each task
- Sewing speed slider that allows you to easily and quickly regulate the speed of the machine to suit your skill level and the complexity of the project
- Brother went one step further with the machine tension. The internal tension allows you to sew without having to constantly fiddle with the tension but there is also a thread tension dial that allows you to easily adjust the tension manually if need be
- The ingenious knee lifter allows you to raise the pressure foot without taking your hands off the fabric. This can be very useful when you want to reposition the fabric but need to keep holding on to the fabric when ruffling and doing other complex maneuvers
- The walking and quilting feet, twin needle function and one touch reverse add extra versatility to an already versatile machine
An abundance of features at a reasonable price – a combination that’s hard to beat!
Offers almost everything a sewer would look forward to in terms of functionality, versatility, durability and ease of use.
Sews effortlessly over heavy seams on denim fabric
The cons are negligible – slow reverse stitch, tiny lettering stitches and absence of compatible circular sewing. To most users these cons did not matter at all and were just easily dismissed.
At around $ 450, the Brother PC-420 PRW is very reasonably priced for the amount of features it offers. The abundance of features and stitch choices make this an excellent model for pros looking to embellish their projects as well as for beginners looking for a machine that is user friendly yet gives them the tools that will let them grow. Customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive for the Brother PC-420 PRW sewing machine with one user saying the machine worked like a dream and she was convinced this was because it was powered by tiny magical elves that resided within.