For the embroidery enthusiast, the Brother PE770 is a drool-worthy machine. Its 136 built in, preprogrammed decorative patterns, 12 border styles, 10 frame shapes and 6 lettering fonts truly offers an endless array of patterns to add those unique, decorative touches to otherwise plain fabrics. Die-hard embroiderers who own this model do not hesitate to recommend it and all agree that it is well worth the approximately $650 price tag.
The Brother PE770 Features that Everybody Loves
Ask any user what they love most about their acquisition and the answer you are most likely to get back is, “Its decorating potential”. The answer is not surprising if you consider the features the Brother PE770 comes loaded with.
- Preprogrammed Patterns: 136 built in, preprogrammed decorative patterns, which include classic quilt stitches, elaborate florals, lettering fonts, delicate scrollwork, classic quilt patterns, border styles and lots more.
- USB Memory-Stick Compatibility: 136 patterns not enough for you? No problem. Simply browse the internet for more patterns and import your chosen patterns onto your Brother PE770 by connecting it to the computer using the built-in USB port. If your chosen patterns are on a computer elsewhere, say the library, you can still transfer them onto your sewing machine by using the USB memory stick. The USB memory stick is compatible with the Brother memory-card library and can import designs up to 5” x 7”. On the Brother website itself you can download some of the most beautiful designs for free.
Easy to Use Features of the Brother PE770
Brother believes that sewing machines should be simple to set up and easy to use and the Brother PE770 does not disappoint. It has a host of features for quick and easy set up and use:
- Quick and easy bobby winding and bobbin setting
- Very efficient automatic threading
- Automatic upper-thread tension setting that helps produce perfect stitches on any type of fabric
- LCD touch screen offers on screen editing and on screen help when needed
- Time saving memory function that saves the designs in its memory for future use
- Easy embroidery rotation
- Brightly lit work area with 2 LED style lights that take away the strain of extended embroidery sessions
In addition, the PE770 comes with a full array of accessories including a 5inch x 7 inch embroidery hoop, accessory foot, needles bobbins, seam ripper, cleaning brush and a reference guide that is handy for quick look ups.
The Brother PE770 is easy to set up and easy to use. The stitch selection and stitch quality are excellent and the designs are beautiful. Changing threads and the ability to increase and decrease the size of the stitches is uncomplicated. Very small learning curve so you can set it up and you are ready to go in no time at all. No need to spend precious time deciphering the manual in detail.
The only murmur of complaint that has made its way onto the reviews is the poorly written instruction manual. This can easily be overcome by looking up the instructions on the internet.
The Brother PE770 lives up to expectations and often even exceeds them. The vast array of patterns and stitches, the USB compatibility and the abundance of easy to use features make this a dream machine for all die hard embroiderers.