The Brother 1034D 3/4 Serger is perfect for acquiring that professionally finished look on formal wear and linen and is also great for sewing decorative stitches on anything that you want embellished.
In addition to finishing and decorative stitches, the 1034D can also join laces, create fabric flowers, sew spaghetti straps and also form gentle gathers.
Highlights of the 1034D 3/4 Lay-In Thread Serger
- 22 built-in stitches
- Rolled hemming- Great for hemming frills and napkin edges
- 3/ 4- thread overlock – Excellent for use with heavier upholstery fabric as well as for knits
- 3 thread overlock in 2 widths – 3 mm and 5 mm
- Blind hem
- Flatlock stitch for flat seams and decorative seams
- Interchangeable feet
- Foot pedal speed control, which is very responsive and easy to control
- Free arm sewing makes it easier to sew hard to reach, narrow columns such as pant hems and sleeve cuffs
- The metal feet are solid, strong and snap on so they can be fixed and taken off easily without the fear of breaking or snapping off
- Differential feed is useful for sewing fabrics of different thicknesses and for lining up strips evenly
- All it takes is a flick of a switch to disable the knife that trims the fabric as you sew
Lots of Bonus Add-ons
Plenty of very useful features and bonus add-ons that are included in the price make the Brother 1034D even greater value for money.
First of all, there is the option of using regular thread spools so if you need to use only just a small amount of a particular color of thread you can use a regular spool, which is smaller and cheaper instead of using the huge, more expensive spools.
Secondly, the needles are regular needles that you would use with your regular sewing machine so you do not have to buy special needles.
The best bonus of all is the two extra feet that come included with this serger machine. One of the feet is for gathering ruffles as you sew and the other is the blind hem/flatlock foot. If you had to buy these separately, you would end up paying at least another $60 for both these feet.
Troubleshooting is Easy with the Detailed Manual
Dealing with 4 threads, there are several things that can keep going off with the tension. The manual is very easy to understand and has the clear chart on troubleshooting uneven stitches, which makes it easy to reset the tension whenever the setting is off.
Pros of the Brother 1034D
Surprisingly easy to set up and use. Threading is a breeze and regulating the tension is super easy too.
Very reliable machine and versatile
Comes with great bonus features and add-ons designed to make it more versatile and flexible to use
Motor is very quiet for a serger machine
A few customers are disappointed that this machines does not offer a coverlock stitch but using a zizag stitch with your regular sewing machine is close enough.
Price and performance are perfectly balanced in the Brother 1034D Sewing Machine. The machine is reliable, affordable and offers some fantastic features that make it great value for money.